Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Growing Boy



I still can't believe that McKay is one and he's technically already 13 1/2 months.
(I just wiped a tear from my cheek)

 Lately I have been feeling a strange mix of emotions.
 On one hand it's hard watching my baby grow up, he's losing that baby look and looking more like a toddler, and he's needing my help less and less. 
On the other hand there is almost nothing more exciting than watching him learn a new skill or say a new word!

But with these new skills he's learning McKay definitely keeps me busy all day.  



We are in a new stage of development called "destroy anything and everything" 
As you can see from the picture below our favorite thing is taking the pots and pans out of all the cabinets. I'm sure you can imagine my surprise when I go the get a shirt out of the close and hit my foot on the pot I have been looking for. (I have learned to keep all the doors shut to keep the mess somewhat contained.)



But it's a little hard to contain a boy who's walking!! He finally found the courage to take those first steps, and now we can't get him to stop. He loves to walk and play tag. He thinks it's hilarious if you chase after him, and boy is this kid fast. I fear for the terrible two's. 



Sit in the cart at Wal-mart?  No Way! 


Video chatting with Uncle Carter showing him the proper way to ride my "bike" 
(excuse the diaper, it's starting to get difficult keeping pants on this kid.)



McKay is now learning to use his spoon to eat. But it is much more efficient to use our bowl as a cup and bypass the whole spoon thing. 



McKay loves corn. Last week I made chili and rice, both with corn, and instead of eating dinner he went through his whole plate and picked every kernel of corn out.


McKay is starting to talk a little. His vocabulary right now is 3 words:
 mama, 
dada.
 and
 agua (water in Spanish)

Even though McKay is growing and learning to do things on his own, he's never too big for snuggles with mama.


No comments:

Post a Comment