Tuesday, August 5, 2014

We have a little catching up to do...


As I have been a full time stay at home I have leaned what a full time job it is.  I have also learned that I strive on a schedule and it's been quite an adjustment.



Tavo has loved working at Volkswagen! I am so grateful that he has a job that he loves. I am a true believer of loving your career, because you end up spending so much time at work. I also think it effects our family life. When Tavo has a job he loves it makes us a better family.  Tavo has also met the requirements for his internship and has now finished his degree completely! We were talking the other day about what a weight it is off our shoulders not to constantly have school work hanging over our heads. It really is freeing.                                                 

Tavo has officially started his new permanent job at Volkswagen! We feel so blessed that he has gotten this opportunity. I also feel a sense of security knowing that we will be in Michigan for a while. 

We are really enjoying Michigan. It's not ever somewhere I thought we would be, and maybe that's what's so exciting about it. One thing I really love about Michigan is the thunderstorms. I had not seen rain until we moved here and I really love it. There is nothing better than being woken up in the middle of the night by thunder.  One thing that I don't love so much is the humidity. I didn't realize until I went back to Utah for a visit how dry it is there and how humid it is here. You just walk outside and feel stick, I know it's gross. 


Time for a funny story....

I had never seen lightning bugs. Ever in my whole life. The only time I have even been interested in the bugs has been while watching Princess and the Frog. (hence the picture above) A couple weeks ago I went out for a walk to go grab our mail, and I was on the phone with my mom. Out of the corner of my eye I kept seeing these little strings of light. Like when your about to faint you start to see stars. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who has experienced this.)  I even remember telling my mom something along the lines of "If I faint call Tavo." It only took me a minute to realize what I was seeing was lightning bugs! I ran upstairs with pure joy at what I had discovered. After explaining to Tavo I could see he was not impressed. I  on the other hand was facinated. What can I say I 'm easily entertained. 

McKay is eighteen months. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I am learning that I am enjoying this stage in his childhood. I can see him beginning to learn and grow. I am also learning a lot about his little personality and who he is. He has been such a joy in my life and I am so glad that I have chosen to stay at home with him. I know this is a time I will never get back so I am trying to enjoy every minute. 





That's a quick update at what's been going on in our family. I will soon post a more detailed look at McKay now that he's 18 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment