Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Year to Remember





2013 started out with a huge, or should I say tiny surprise, at about 32 weeks pregnant I went to the hospital because I was in a lot of pain. We found out I had some health issues the doctors were concerned about and I would be induced later that day. One January 6, 2013 McKay Wesley Godinez was born at 4 lbs 1 ounce. He was a little guy but he was definitely a fighter.  He stayed in the newborn ICU for about two and a half weeks then he came home!









I was so excited to have him home with me, it was definitely life changing.

He is now a happy, healthy, and I have to add, active boy. He brings so much joy and happiness to our lives every day. We couldn’t imagine life without him.


In March he was blessed. I loved having all our family in town to celebrate that special day.




In August we celebrated our three year anniversary. We had my mom take McKay for the evening and spent the night Downtown Salt Lake. We enjoyed dinner at Tavo’s favorite restaurant, Tucanos Brazilian Gill. We also went to the farmers market and rode bikes that the city rents around town. 


In September we packed all of our things and headed back to Rexburg, Idaho for our last semester of school at BYU-Idaho. We have looked forward to graduation for the past three years, and now we are 50 days away!!!   
We have really tried to enjoy this last semester. As I have spent all this time being excited to be done with school and then move on with our lives.  But the truth is, I love school, and I love learning and even though it’s super stressful I will be sad to leave this part of my life behind.

One reason we were excited to come back to Rexbrug was for these yummy gelato treats from Kari Ann’s.  

Tavo had the opportunity to go to Europe with a group from BYU-I and he had an amazing experience. He has always wanted to go. A little part of him was hoping Europe would disappoint, but it most definitely did not! He loved every minute of it. We now know what we are going on our next family vacation...






At least while Tavo was taking in the scenery he was thinking about me, and put a lock for us on the Love Lock Bridge n Paris.

Sorry, That was really long, and it was a lot of rambling, but now you are all caught up on our year so far.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had an incredible year!! Tavo thought of you the whole time we were in Europe.

    ReplyDelete